Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
What is covered under your warranty?
war·ran·tynoun: warranty; plural noun: warranties"a written guarantee, issued to the purchaser of an article by its manufacturer, promising to repair or replace it if necessary within a specified period of time."
Our lifetime warranty covers any type of damage or wear. If anything happens we will fix or replace it for free. A warranty does not cover a change of mind.
What type of material do you use?
- We use a premium thickness material measuring .093" Kydex/Boltaron for all of our holsters and magazine carriers- excluding our Custom Race Holster and Duty Holster which uses .125" Boltaron.
What type of Hardware do you use?
- We use a combination of Melonite coated chrome Molly steel and Black 316 INOX Stainless Steel hardware. All of our Adjustable Retention Screws come pre-coated in a shock absorbing thread weld to prevent the screws from backing out on you, making our holsters the most reliable on the market.
Do I have to put loctite on my retention screws?
- It is common knowledge that putting loctite/thread locker on the screws will prevent them from eventually backing out. The reason we don't loctite the screws, is because retention strength is a personal preference. Holsters should be checked daily for issues. While we do not assume any liabilities for a preventable hardware malfunction, hardware is covered under our Lifetime Warranty and we will provide you with replacements. We highly recommend checking your gear daily, especially if you are Law Enforcement.
Is there a break in period?
- Nope! Retention should be perfect out of the box, but if your holster needs to be adjust, use a Philips head screwdriver to tighten or loosen the hold.
Do Kydex Holsters need any special care or maintenance?
- No, that's why the popularity of this material has sky rocketed. Just don't subject it to high levels of heat, as this will alter the shape. Never leave your holster in a vehicle, and certainly not in direct sunlight.
What type of holsters do you make?
- We make single clip Outside the Waistband Holsters, Inside the Waistband Holsters, AIWB Holsters, Appendix Rigs, Level II Retention Holsters, Mounted Holsters, Action Sport Holsters and Race Holsters, along with OWB Single and Double Magazine Carrier and IWB Single Magazine Carriers.
What is the current Lead Time?
- Currently all Pre-Made Quick Ship Holsters have a 24 hr Lead Time.
- All CUSTOM Quick Ship Holsters or (MTO) have a 2-3 day Lead Time.
- All Custom Holsters (anything you choose your own options for) have a 1 week average Lead Time.
This will be my first Dara Holster, how do I know you'll get it right?
- We have a 7 step Quality Check System in place for every order. At the bottom of your packing slip there will be 5 signatures for our 5 official quality checks. There are also two more unofficial quality checks that do not require signatures. This not only ensure that each holster order will be correct, but it holds each of our technicians accountable for the quality of craftsmanship we put out.
What if my holster doesn't fit?
- In the unlikely event that your holster does not fit, we will fix it for you ASAP- free of charge.
- We very rarely have fitment issues. When we do it's generally an extended or left handed mag release that was not mentioned in our Custom Notes section. This is not a big deal, we will send you a return label via e-mail and get it fixed right up!
- In the extremely rare cases where a holster just does not fit and it isn't due to a wrong firearm selection or any external add-ons or modifications, we can alter the holster for you to fix it or we can offer a refund.
- If a fitment issue is due to wrong firearm selection or extensive modifications that were not noted on the order, we are not liable.
I'm new to Kydex, what if I don't like my Kydex Holster?
- If you wish to return a quick ship holster within 30 days, you will receive your refund less original shipping.
- If you wish to return a Custom Quick Ship Holster within 30 days, you will receive a return less a 20% restocking fee and original shipping.
- If you modify the holster in anyway that would prevent resale or void the Warranty, you will receive no refund.
What kind of Warranty do you offer?
- We offer a FULL Lifetime no BS Warranty. Everything is covered, no matter what happens- unless you void your warranty.
What voids the Warranty?
- Altering your holster in any way voids the warranty.
Where are you located?
- We are located in Downtown Wendell, NC. at 4120 Wendell Boulevard, Wendell NC, 27591.