Holster Options for the FN 509 Tactical
Please note: as of May 2020 all holsters for the FN 509 are made optics-ready. This means your holster will come pre-configured for a Red Dot Sight and tall, suppressor height sights. If you do not have an optic or tall sights, this will not effect the fit or retention of the holster. Also note: Our FN 509 Tactical will fit both the midsize and compact variants.
The FN 509® Tactical, an extension of the FN 509 family, is based on FN’s submission pistol that the U.S. Army tested for its Modular Handgun Trials, but includes the significant improvements to the design that were implemented in the FN 509. The pistol features the company’s U.S Patent No. 10/352,654 Low-Profile Optics Mounting System™ that enables the platform to accept more than ten commercially-available miniature red dot (MRD) optics that co-witness with the suppressor-height night sights and remain adaptable to future optics releases with no requirement of direct milling of the slide. The slide cap, for use when not shooting with an optic, has raised sight wings that protect iron sight alignment if the pistol is dropped or jostled, and provides a textured ramp for racking the slide against a belt loop, pant pocket or boot. An FN-signature 4.5-inch, cold hammer-forged, stainless-steel barrel with target crown, ½” x 28 threads that accept the bulk of 9mm suppressors available and thread cap with integrated O-ring to prevent loosening during use complete the top end. Lastly, the 24-round magazines, nearly identical in length to the pistol’s slide, maximize ammunition capacity without impacting carry convenience.
Basic Holster Features:
- Our holsters, with the exception of our Duty Holsters, are made from .093" thick material. We use a thicker polymer blend than our competition to ensure a higher quality product that will last longer.
- We currently offer holsters in 9 different color options: Black (no upcharge), Black Carbon Fiber Texture (+$4), Black Leather Texture ($8), Coyote Brown (+$2), OD Green (+$2), Tungsten Grey (+$2) and Arctic Grey (+$4).
- All of our holsters, aside from out Minimalist line, cover the Magazine release button.
- All holsters, no exceptions, cover the trigger guard completely.
- All of our holsters are molded precisely to each exact firearm, accommodations are made for extended controls.
- We offer many different types of holsters for Concealed Carry, Open Carry, Competition and Duty.
- Our hardware consists of custom designed, hardened steel hardware that is impervious to rust. The hardware is designed for use explicitly with our holsters, so that we can offer the best products possible. Our Retention hardware specifically, is able to hold the most minute adjustments- a truly custom fit.
- All retention is completely adjustable with a Philip's head screwdriver.
- All edges are rounded and polished for a snag-free carry experience that won't ruin clothing after daily use.
For more information about a specific holster, please click on the links below!